We are hosting a FREE training from 1 to 5 PM on Saturday, November 4 at the Bill Platt Center next to the Coast Life Support District building at 38901 Ocean Drive, Gualala. Snacks and drinks will be included.
We will cover the following topics:
- Antenna basics: types of antennas and how they are tested
- Winlink: method for sending/receiving emails through the Internet using ham radio
- VHF in the Car: How to install a VHF radio in your car
- Power Supplies: base station power supplies for your radio at home
- Net Control: how to conduct an ABARC weekly net, with practice
- Antenna Connectors: types of connectors and how to install them on coax
- Radio Programming: manual and computer-based VHF radio programming
If you want to register for this FREE training, or if there is a topic you would like to request we cover, please use the Contact ABARC form.